Monday, October 29, 2007

Mondays

Wouldn't you love to have a nickel for every time you have said or heard a statement about Mondays? You know the comments...Monday mornings are tough, I hate Mondays, everything is so hectic on Monday. I think most of us would have a nice savings account if we just had put that nickel aside. The thing about Monday today takes me back to when I read a book named "Wheels" I think (please don't quote me). It was a story about automobile manufactures' and when the best time to order a car. According to the story the best time was to have them build your car on a Wednesday because they weren't hung over from the weekend, it wasn't hump day until they got off work so the workers were still feeling pretty good. Also, they weren't all excited and sidetracked about what they were going to do for the weekend. I feel the same way about surgery on Mondays. I worry that the Dr. may have had a bad weekend, his wife ticked him off, or he just doesn't want to come to work because it's Monday. And here I am in pain from a kidney stone and have no choice but to do it today.
Thank God I believe that He guides the hands that will do the work and keep me safe. He hasn't brought me this far just to drop me now.
Guest were flowing in and out of the house all weekend and the Duke is keeping busy just looking for diet Chocolate Soda. He did get all the leaves up that were on the grass and the yard one more time looks good. That Chewy dog has given it a rough go this summer. We have our new Cliff Harris/Randy Mann calendar in place and life is good.
Even if it is a Monday and I'm on my way to the sand and gravel pit....oh, Joy!

3 comments:

mamaJD said...

Hang in there, Alotta! I hear Tuesdays are better. Wednesdays can be good, too.

Thanks for plugging away with some posts. It's good to see you typing something out.

Montana Cousin said...

Keep up the wonderful blog. It keeps me inspired to live life to its fullest & do less whining!!

Angela W. said...

Hope it went well! Monday are scary days when you're trusting someone like that! :)

Chico

Chico
It's A Dogs' Life