Friday, October 26, 2007

What A Difference A Day Makes

Well, I guess all the laughter, tears, prayers and good wishes are working for now. The good news is that the tumors have shrunk to about 50% of their original size. The Duke and I are happy about it in different ways.
His comes from the fact that I will be around longer, mine is from the fact that I now get to remodel the kitchen because I'll be cooking in it for a while longer. Some times you just have to negotiate for the right things. You see, I am truly ready whenever the Good Lord thinks it's my time. No worries there. In the mean time, I have some things to do that are important to me and probably me alone. One of the most important is trying to mend a relationship with my oldest daughter. I'm not sure I will ever see that happen, but let's face it, prayer works.
Another is to travel. When the Duke and I were honeymooning in Yellowstone we bought one of the Passbooks to the National Parks. I'm looking to fill it up if we can. Anyone have a great motor home they are looking to see go somewhere else? That's the next plan after the holidays.
This is the second time I have learned that I really do get to live my life one day at a time, and I really am blessed that I get it. Plan the plan and not the results they say.
Well, the Duke is doing dinner tonight. What a great life, I have 2 men cooking for me. How lucky can one lady get.
Keep Laughing....

No comments:

Chico

Chico
It's A Dogs' Life