Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Mind Is a Dangerous Thing! Going There Alone...

Some days are just for daydreaming. You know how it is...you stare out the window without really looking at anything. There is nothing out there that is really moving, not even a bird. Even if there was by the time a few seconds or maybe a minute has passed you are so entranced that you are barely aware of the movement. Because you feel safe and secure you aren't alarmed by anything stirring. And then I realize...I am in my mind. Alone. Again!
At that moment the trouble truly begins. I see problems that aren't there, solutions to such problems, and even see the results of solving such problems...then the fun really hits the fan so to speak. Well, if I can resolve or solve this problem, then it should be no problem to solve that one and the next thing you know I have all the answers for family and friends. No one that I love has cancer, no one I know is poor, no one I know is struggling with any spiritual, mental or other physical problems. Life is easy for all of them and they haven't a care in the world. All because "I" have decided what is the best for them. "I" have decided what "I" think they need or want, "I" decide how they should act and love and be. "I" decide where they should or shouldn't go, what they should or shouldn't do. Awww...the world is now a beautiful place. Wrong.
Instantly, the recollection of my daughter being short with me, or I picture that my husband should have hurried a little faster than what he said he would. I am flooded with mental images of everyone shouting and pulling at me. They all want a piece of me. I am running down this very dark alley heading --I have no idea where. What do I do? It would hurt to scream. They are all in the wrong. I must make them see it. It's 'their' fault. 'They' just don't understand that I know what's best for them. If only they would see it my way.
Then the Duke is asking me what I see out the window. 'Oh, uh, nothing. Just looking.' I reply. "Isn't it a beautiful day out?" I query. "Sure," he says, "if you like frozen rain and gray skies."
Another day has started and I thank God for not letting me be in charge. I thank Him for all the blessings that I do have, and most of all I thank Him for my faith, hope and love. Sometimes I even have charity, forgiveness, and happiness.
It truly is a beautiful day.

No comments:

Chico

Chico
It's A Dogs' Life