Friday, July 27, 2007

Curiosity Overcomes Fear?


Well, that seems to be the case this time. I'm not even sure it's good sense. Either way, here it is...my first post.

Fear has stopped me from doing many things in my life that I perhaps wanted to do. Things like writing that best selling novel, going to law school, continuing with my painting, hiking in the back country....ad nausium. But this time the curiousity has won out and here I am blogging.

I am not sure what the fear was yet, but it was there...so, I bit the bullet, so to speak, and signed up. Learning a new language is supposed to be fun as well as some effort. Right?

I learned many years ago that people who have courage have just said their prayers and do it anyway in spite of fear existing in their rapidly beating hearts.

Who knows where this will lead, but a least it's the first step.

Let me introduce you to Chewy...My youngest of 3 grandsons wanted to call the pup that when we got her, but the Duke won out day to day, but in my world she is Chewy. That is very apprapo as she makes some of the most interesting sounds when Chico and her play. Chewy goes to see the Dr. today so that we don't have any more little Chewys. Those little feet aren't so little any more either.
Gotta go and take her away. It's too early to think on these things.
Ciao

3 comments:

mamaJD said...

Welcome to the blogworld, Alotta! I will enjoy reading your posts and will be adding your blog link on my sidebar!

Dimples said...

What a nice, fun BLOG. Keep your dreams alive & Live them.

You're never too old to follow your dreams...........Age is only a state of mind.
Dimples

Jen said...

Welcome! Blogging is really fun and you get to meet so many interesting people that you wouldn't in the real world. Good luck and enjoy!

Chico

Chico
It's A Dogs' Life