Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Keeping Time

Do you ever wonder why we have statements like 'keeping time', 'time keepers', etc? I guess I have been doing some of that lately. Mostly I have been asking how can I keep time from slowing down or speeding up. For instance, when you are having so much fun having 'animal' scans as oldest daughter insists on calling them. (I personally think the bone scan needs to be renamed 'dog' scan as in 'doggie wants a bone'.) It goes along with PET Scan, CAT scan, and other such names. Anyway, time just crawls when you are laying in the MRI machine with all those wonderful noises going on around you. I am not claustrophobic so I have no problem with the confinement, but I do wish they could cut the noise level a bit. It seems to interfere with my naps that I take. Which by the way is one way of speeding the whole process up.
Next comes that time when you have to talk to your doctor for the results. Time seems to slow down for days on end. Could it be that's because it is days on end? Nah! But, that is when you want time to hurry up so you can get in to get the results, only to see the Doc for a short period of time. (Which, of course, goes lightening fast.)
Then there is the coordinating of the these new people who are directing your life, and you have no clue of who they are. It doesn't take long for me to find out they are people just like me who have families, troubles, jobs, school and all, but still manage to put you into their schedule. Which brings us to time management. It all belongs to them now and I have decided to just go with the flow. My friend DC says to save the energy for the good stuff.
I suspect that MamaJD and PapaJD have very similiar days. (I was fortunate to see PapaJD in action last week. He's very good!) Or as MamaJD says and I quote, "Same road, just different bricks".
Perhaps walking in the sand would be pleasant to a while. These cobble stones are hard to walk on. How did horses do it? Well, at least my brain is wandering all over the place and keeps me busy and off the streets.
Till next post.

1 comment:

Dimples said...

I love your definition of Scans. You've appropriately named them.
Keep up the great sense of humor.

Chico

Chico
It's A Dogs' Life